Timbuk2, whose distinctive bags are commonly spotted on the backs of many urban commuters, will open the company’s fifth retail store in Toronto, ON, making it the brand’s first retail store in Canada.
Timbuk2’s new 1200 sq. ft. store is located at 359 Queen St. West in a neighborhood known for its dynamic arts, culture, retail, and entertainment districts. Timbuk2 partnered with award-winning design and architecture firm Gensler to design the community-oriented store, which features:
- A custom workshop for designing personalized bags with over 60 fabric options.
- A designated hub for community events and group bike rides.
- Handmade bicycle design art installations.
- An indoor San Francisco-inspired parklet for relaxing and refueling.
- Access to a host bike tools, bike pumps and extra tubes for community cyclists.
Continuing to create a community-centered space, Timbuk2 Toronto will also launch an in-store bike share program in September, offer hyper local merchant discounts to staff of neighborhood shops and share their voice locally through the Timbuk2 Toronto Twitter and Instagram accounts.
The retail space showcases Timbuk2’s entire product line of more than 100 styles of bags and accessories, including the latest Summer and Fall 2014 offerings. The store will also feature an interactive Custom Design Studio for visitors to create a one-of-a-kind bag or accessory with over 60 fabric options. All custom bags are handmade in Timbuk2’s San Francisco factory and shipped within 5-7 business days.
Grand Opening Launch Party
To commemorate the store’s opening, a public Grand Opening Launch Party will take place on Saturday, July 26 from 11am – 7pm. In true Timbuk2 fashion, Timbuk2 Toronto will not only celebrate their opening, but also embrace their new community by partnering with nearby businesses to offer complimentary libations and bites. Timbuk2 will also offer $5 Miir stainless steel “tall boy” cups to raise funds for a Toronto bike advocacy non-profit.
Other Grand Opening Party highlights include:
- Local craft beer and tasty bites from local food trucks
- Complimentary photobooth.
- Live music.
- Surprise giveaways and discounts.
- Limited-edition Made in San Francisco shopping tote as a gift with every bag purchase.
- Exclusive access to the official Timbuk2 Toronto Classic Messenger bag, available for purchase in-store only. Only 40 were made and they are available in two sizes.
RSVP on Timbuk2’s Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/events/622608131168108.