1 of 1
Momentum Logo Lead
Momentum Logo Lead
Position: Editorial/ Administrative Assistant
Work term: 3-month commitment; 30 hours per week
Start Date: Start in late July
Location: Vancouver, BC (Chinatown)
Deadline for applications: Friday, July 19, 2013
Experience working closely with the Editorial team and Office Manager of a leading transportation cycling magazine; team environment experience; a venue to communicate and share your passion with a group of like-minded individuals. This position pays $10.25/hour. There is the possibility of receiving a $1000 training grant to apply to furthering your training at an approved institution.
- Editorial support, including writing stories for print and online
- Research projects
- Fact checking
- Administrative tasks, including data entry
- Online support, such as back-end website maintenance and content uploading
- Assisting with coordinating web content, particularly gear posts
- Assisting in the creation of the print magazine
This position is funded in part by a government grant which requires applicants to be 29 years or younger, unemployed at time of hire, not have received EI in the last 3 years or maternal/ paternal benefits in the last 5 years, not a full-time student or returning to school, and a resident of BC who is legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Proven research skills, particularly in an online environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills; a team player
- Education in the Arts or Social Sciences and/ or an interest in research, business management and/ or communications
- Expert time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with various social media and blogging platforms is preferred
- An interest in everyday cycling
- Some online content management system experience is an asset
- A background in writing for print or online is an asset
About Momentum Magazine Ltd.:
Momentum Magazine Ltd. is an independent media company that promotes, encourages and inspires Smart Living by Bike. Momentum’s goal is to influence a shift in the transportation culture in North America from car-centricity to a balance of public transportation, appropriate car use, walking and bicycling, by showcasing riding a bike as a fun, smart, stylish way to get around. Published five times per year, Momentum focuses on transportation cycling and bike culture in North America. Momentum’s positive and solutions-based editorial coverage includes arts and culture, city and people profiles, food, books, current events, families, style and gear.
How to Apply:
Please send in one document (.pdf or .doc): a cover letter and resume, two references and one sample of your best writing (e.g. academic, journalistic or online pieces) to jobs(at)momentummag.com by Friday, July 19, 2013
Interviews will start the week of July 22, 2013.
Momentum would like to thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.