Momentum Logo Winter 2012
JOB POSTING– ONLINE EDITOR
Start Date: MARCH 12, 2012 to JULY 12, 2012 with possibilities of extension
Job Description: Manage and create content for momentummag.com, newsletters and social media pages. The Online Editor will use these outlets to engage and grow momentummag’s audience. Must work closely with Editors-In-Chief. This is a part-time contract, place of work is flexible.
- Create, photograph, video, write, and edit exclusive web content.
- Work with editorial team to create companion content to print magazine editorial that exploits the unique strengths of print and online.
- 3-5 posts daily. (including promotion and uploading of existing print content which is approx. 5 posts per week of the expected 15-25 weekly posts).
- Promote posts through social media.
- Update marketing feature boxes.
- Converse with readers and other relevant media outlets through blog comments and social media.
- Edit and upload content by others onto momentummag.com.
- Recruit bloggers/ correspondents throughout North America.
- Assign topics to bloggers.
- Contribute ideas in the development of new articles and features.
- A deep familiarity with Momentum Mag and the cycling for transportation movement.
- A great attitude, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience managing a website or blog is an asset.
- Ability to manage different projects and tight deadlines simultaneously.
- A background in journalism/communications and/or marketing an asset.
- Any other creative/fine art skills and knowledge will also be valuable.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to excel while meeting aggressive deadlines.
Candidate must have access to their own laptop and internet connection.
Starting March 12, 2012 , 4 month contract with possibility of extension
Work location: North America - flexible
Hours: 15 hours/ week
Monday-Friday: 3hrs a day
Reports to: Editors-in-Chief
Works with: Editors-in-Chief, Editorial Team + Office Manager
Compensation: $1000/ month
Job Posting Timeline: Job posting closes Sunday, February 26th. Interviewees will be contacted on Monday, February 27 for interviews on Wednesday, February 29 in San Francisco and Wednesday, March 7 in Vancouver, BC. Interviews may be conducted in person or via an online meeting tool.
How to apply:
Send your resume and interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 26th. Subject line: RE: Online Editor Position. Please include 3 sample web posts (150-250 words each) in Word or PDF format that would be relevant to momentummag.com. Each post should include a headline, graphic or photo to go with text. Please also include a tweet that would go along with the blog entry.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Momentum Magazine is an independent media company that promotes, encourages & inspires Smart Living by Bike. Our goal is to influence a shift in the transportation culture in North America from car-centricity to a balance of public transportation, appropriate car use, walking and bicycling, by showcasing riding a bike as a fun, smart, stylish way to get around. Published five times a year, Momentum focuses on transportation cycling and bike culture in North America. Momentum’s positive and solutions-based editorial coverage includes arts & culture, city and people profiles, food, books, current events, families , style and gear. http://momentummag.com