1 of 1
Momentum Logo Lead
Momentum Logo Lead
Position: Photo Editor Assistant
Work term: 3-month commitment; 30 hours per week
Start Date: Start in early September
Location: Vancouver, BC (Chinatown)
Deadline for applications: Friday August 9th 2013, 9 AM
Compensation: Experience working closely with the Photo Editor and Office Manager of a leading transportation cycling magazine; team environment experience; a venue to communicate and share your passion with a group of like-minded individuals. This position pays $10.25/hour. There is the possibility of receiving a $1000 training grant to apply to furthering your training at an approved institution.
- Assist photo editor with many aspects of publishing one issue of a print magazine (position will follow one complete Production Cycle)
- Research online for images to be used in magazine
- Research photo captions and credits
- Possibility of one or two photo assignments to run in print magazine
- Photo assignments for online stories (covering local events, etc.)
- Assisting with larger photo shoots
- Setting up a stock library of relevant photos, shooting assignments for the photo bank
- Outreach to Momentum's Flickr pool
- Assisting in management of photo contracts and usage agreements for imagery
- Managing In-House assets inc product, photography and archives
This position is funded in part by a government grant which requires applicants to be 29 years or younger, unemployed at time of hire, not have received EI in the last 3 years or maternal/ paternal benefits in the last 5 years, not a full-time student or returning to school, and a resident of BC who is legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Proven research skills, particularly in an online environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills; a team player
- Education in Photography/Arts or Social Sciences and/ or an interest in research and/ or communications
- Expert time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with Twitter, blogging, Facebook and other forms of social media is preferred
- An interest in urban lifestyle cycling
About Momentum Magazine Ltd.:
Momentum Magazine Ltd. is an independent media company that promotes, encourages and inspires Smart Living by Bike. Momentum’s goal is to influence a shift in the transportation culture in North America from car-centricity to a balance of public transportation, appropriate car use, walking and bicycling, by showcasing riding a bike as a fun, smart, stylish way to get around. Published five times per year, Momentum focuses on transportation cycling and bike culture in North America. Momentum’s positive and solutions-based editorial coverage includes arts and culture, city and people profiles, food, books, current events, families, style and gear. momentummag.com
How to Apply:
Please send in one document (.pdf or .doc): a cover letter and resume, two references and a sample of your best photography (one portrait and one urban cycling-related image, or a link to a collection of your best work) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 9th 2013, 9 AM Interviews will start the week of August 12, 2013.
Momentum would like to thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.