1 of 1
World By Cycle
World By Cycle
By Kristina Stoney
We believe in the power people have to do good and live sustainability on our planet. The missing link is not willingness to "do good" but a lack of awareness and knowledge about what is "good."
The World By Cycle vision is to provide timely and relevant education that empowers people to make informed choices that lead to positive change for our planet.
This is SO possible. Our solution focus approach seeks to involve people by providing learning opportunities that are fun and interactive, accessible and inspiring. How? Through adventure!
We will be riding our push bikes 19,000 miles (30,000 kilometers) around the world through the most diverse and challenging landscapes. Connecting with local farms, designers, manufactures and factories to explore where and how stuff (like your t-shirt) is made from the raw materials to your local shop.
World By Cycle will facilitate an educational platform for schools, a production series and a social network for people to engage with the project and one another.
We think bicycles are awesome. And the best vehicle for change. We will role modeling possibility as we ride our bikes through dessert and mountains, cities and country. Sleeping under the stars or in shelter of the tent and supplies we carry.
Sure to be the adventure of a lifetime! World By Cycle. Join the Adventure!
Seven ways to get involved today:
1. Like us on Facebook to be put in the draw for an awesome World By Cycle Keep Cup.
2. Link us to your local school or community today so they can get involved. See presentation on YouTube channel.
3. Check out our route to find out when we come near you. Ride with us!
4. Link us up to your local bike club! We will ride with everyone on any and all bikes! We would love to ride (safely) with a school group involving children, youth and families.
5. Motivate your company team to ride with us for a few hours to raise awareness and funds to GO DIRECTLY to an educational project of your choice through our expedition. Team World By Cycle Jerseys available.
6. Sign up for our newsletter on the blog: WorldByCycle.info. We will let you know when the website is launched and Story of Stuff series is running.
7. Contact us to start a conversation. email@example.com. We would love to hear from you."