June 12, 2012

June 12, 2012

Me too!

Nice shots! Last year I did a similar project for the three weeks leading up to Bike to Work Day. It was part of a "Dress Up Challenge" from the San Francisco Bike Coalition. You can see my photos and some background on the challenge here:

Ladyfleur more than 2 years ago

Wish I could do the same...

That's a fun outfit. I wish I could wear my work and "going out" clothes on a bike. Alas, though I keep fit, even the tiniest amount of exertion on a bike leads to socially unacceptable amounts of perspiration in very short order. I'm envious of anyone who can do this.

Brad Hoehne more than 2 years ago

clothing

Thanks everyone. Obviously, the main purpose was just to continue to show that the bike is a tool and you can look stylish :) The pencil skirt... so, whenever I wear skirts, I ALWAYS wear a pair of my 'tri' shorts. You can't tell I have them on and they are super duper comfy. You ride passed all kinds of people and some of them always want to share their opinion so I'm always prepared with my 'what-nots' being covered:)
With the pencil skirt, since I have shorts underneath, I literally just hike it up a bit, mount my bike and that's that. The skirt obviously forms to you so once I'm on the bike, it really doesn't move. Hopping off my bike, I just hike it up again, tilt my bike to an angle and then swing my leg (quickly :)) from the bike. Hope that makes sense :)

Jess Mathews more than 2 years ago

I'm with ya.

@Lisa - My rule of thumb is: if you don't like it, don't look.

I have bigger issues with wearing clothes out faster (i.e. my seat) on bike. Otherwise, I'm dresses all day, every day.

Krissi more than 2 years ago

Pencil Skirt

I too am curious about the pencil skirt. I bike to work in professional work clothes and have limited my wearing of pencil skirts. Tell us how you do it!

C more than 2 years ago

fashion-ista

Great idea! Love the outfits and the originiality. What fun!

Diane more than 2 years ago

pencil skirt?

I cycle in 'regular' clothes everyday, and I see no reason not to. My usual attire includes dresses and skirts as often as trousers.
However, I am wondering, how to you manage in the pencil skirt with a horizontal crossbar? Surely that is a bit inelegant to mount/dismount, no?

Lisa more than 2 years ago

straight skirts

I must know: how do you get on and off the bike in a straight skirt? I'm sure I would be showing my undies if I did that.

Melissa more than 2 years ago

YAY regular clothes!

I biked to work in a dress and leggings today! I take it slow to reduce the sweat factor but also have ShowerPills handy in case I want to freshen up. Check it out: http://heavymedal.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/mega-me-challenge-recap/

Hutch more than 2 years ago

Commuters rock!

Love the Bianchi. You are rocking with style girl, and It's good to see it being put to good use. I too ride a bike to live, to the store, the gym, dinner with my father, to work. It's not just a toy, it's a tool for modern survival.

Tracy Lane more than 2 years ago